Chiropractic Care for Kids
There are an increasing number of parents that seek chiropractic care for their kids year after year.
Here are a few common reasons why chiropractic care is sought out by parents:
1. Birth: The birthing process is the first traumatic experience your baby will be subjected
to. Prolonged labor can put a lot of stress on the baby’s spine and nervous system. This
can cause spinal and cranial misalignments that in turn irritate the nerves exiting the
spine causing many complaints such as sleep disturbance, nursing problems, colic (just
to name a few).
2. Growing: Kids grow at an alarming rate. Babies learn to roll over, crawl and walk in short
periods of time. Growth spurts and developmental milestones are great reasons to get
your child’s spine checked just like she would get a dental check or an eye check. This is
great preventative care for your child’s spine.
3. Injury: One of the most common reason why parents seek chiropractic care is after a fall
or injury. Adjustments can help reduce pain, increase range of motion in the spine and
reduce muscle spasms.
During your first appointment, a history and physical exam will be performed to identify the
cause of your child’s pain or discomfort. Depending on your child’s age, they may not be able to
vocalize their discomfort but we can keep track of key activities such as:
- Is your child eating better?
- Sleeping better?
- Less fussy?
All of these things can help determine how well she is responding to care.
If you have any further questions about pediatric care feel free to call Blue Sky Wellness at
(503) 517 8222 or schedule online here.
Doctor of Chiropractic