It’s cold and flu season again. Here are a The top 5 things you can do to reduce your chance of catching one, or help you get better quicker once you do.
- GARGLE with salt water- throughout the day- do this when you are exposed to colds and flus and to shorten the course once your sick. The viruses replicate in our throats, if you can wash them away, they have less chance to take hold and multiply. If you can’t gargle at work or while your out- drink hot tea.
- Elderberry- this herb is not only delicious, but has been shown to shorten the duration of colds and flus as well as the popular drug tamiflu.
- Zinc- like elderberry can shorten the course of the illness and help boost your immune system to prevent getting it- be sure to eat when you take it- zinc can cause nausea is you take it on a empty stomach
- Chicken soup- weather its the comfort or something in it, studies show that eating chicken soup actually does shorten the course of a virus and boost your immunity. one mechanism is thought to be by strengthening gut immunity.
- Herbal tincture formulated for your specific symptoms- there are so many herb out there that can be used to boost immunity and help with sinus congestion, cough, sore throat. Talk to your Naturopath about formulating an herbal formula just for you.